- In today’s world, there is an increasing demand for leaders who can examine business through a new lens, who can lead with empathy, and who have the ability to see the bigger picture. The Business of Creative Enterprises MA will teach you the skills you need to reshape how the world approaches business practices.
Highlights and benefits of this program include:
- An alternative MBA for creative-minded professionals;
- The ability to approach any industry including fashion, communications, music, media, film, with creative thinking;
- Two collaborative Immersion Experiences to begin and end your program;
- 100% online program;
- Access to top scholars and networking opportunities in the city of Boston and beyond;
- No GRE requirements to apply.
Curriculum and Requirements
Our 32-credit curriculum begins and ends with a 2-credit immersion experience that takes place online. All courses are taught online, range from 2–4 credits, and can be taken in any order.
- THE EXPERIENCE: Immersion #1: Re-imagine. Reorient. Reignite. (2 credits)
- The Advocate, Architect & Ambassador: Leadership for a Successful Organization (4 credits)
- Storytelling with Vision, Mission, and Value (4 credits)
- The Legal Basics: IP, Copyright, Contracts & Employment Law (2 credits)
- Foundations of Finance in Creative Enterprises (2 credits)
- Creative Collaboration Leading with Equity and Empathy (4 credits)
- Failure 1, 2, 3: How to Rebuild the Idea (4 credits)
- Creative Enterprise & Climate Change: Science meets Creativity (4 credits)
- The Responsibility Ladder: People, Power & Policy (4 credits)
- THE FINALE: Immersion #2 (2 credits)
Careers and Industries
Earning a master’s degree in Business of Creative Enterprises provides you with a unique opportunity to explore leadership-level positions across any industry, with a specific focus in creative industries, including entertainment, film and media, music, fashion, art and design, education, and advertising and marketing. This program offers you direct access to top creative industry leaders, alumni, and faculty.
Careers available for students to explore:
- Event Producer/Coordinator
- Film/TV Producer
- Public Relations Manager
- Art Director
- Creative Director
- Social and Community Manager
- Artist Representation (Agent, Manager)
- Streaming Media Manager/Buyer
- Digital Advertising Director
- Fashion Merchandising Buyer
- Digital Publisher
Learn more at emerson.edu/admissions-aid/graduate-admission
Emerson College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.
Office of Communications and Marketing © 2021 Emerson College