Space to Create
You have a story to tell. We give you the tools to deliver it to the world. The moment you join the Emerson community, you unlock access to industry-leading facilities and equipment, and to the experts who will train you in the mastery of your craft. Together, these invaluable resources will help you realize your creative vision, hone your voice, and make your mark.
Just some of our incredible learning facilities include:
- The Tufte Performance and Production Center, featuring the thrust-style Semel Theater, the 108-seat Greene Theater, the Bobbi Brown and Steven Plofker Design Technology and Makeup Suite, and a costume shop;
- The multi-use Paramount Center, home to the restored art deco Robert J. Orchard Stage, the 150-seat Jackie Liebergott Black Box Theatre, the Bright Family Screening Room, rehearsal studios, a scene shop, a film soundstage, and a residence hall;
- Digital labs and suites with tools for non-linear editing and post-effects, film editing, augmented and virtual reality, and audio production/post-production;
- The Cutler Majestic Theatre, Emerson’s largest theater with 1,200 seats; built in proscenium style; and home to Emerson’s EVVYs;
- The Journalism Production Center, featuring two professional television studios with advanced control-room and lighting systems, chroma key and infinity walls, an all-digital newsroom tool suite with editing workstations, a graphics bank, and design tools;
- The Levy Marketing Suite, a state-of-the-art marketing research suite with fully equipped control room, eye-tracking technology, and a two-way mirror, offering students the opportunity to conduct industry-standard focus groups and marketing studies;
- WERS (88.9 FM), Emerson College Radio, a student-run and professionally managed station that serves New England with an eclectic mix of musical genres and more live performances than any other station in the area;
- The award-winning literary journal Ploughshares, offering qualified students the opportunity to intern or work in many different facets of the development and circulation of this acclaimed publication;
- The Iwasaki Library, home to approximately 175,000 publications, the Emerson College Archives, study rooms, computer labs, and more;
- The highly regarded Robbins Speech, Language, and Hearing Center, a clinical training facility providing evaluation and treatment for children and adults with communication challenges; and
- The Emerson Contemporary: Media Art Gallery, the only gallery in Boston exclusively focused on media art; a home for the Emerson Contemporary program; and a showcase for exhibits that emphasize new media, film, video, and performance art.
A Note on Health and Safety
As we de-densify campus spaces, access to certain facilities may be limited to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and provide the safest environment possible for our community.