Emerson is grounded in real-world, hands-on action. We are a community of individuals who support and empower one another—inside the classroom and beyond.
Here, you will have the chance to collaborate with classmates from every major and directly contribute to the success of more than 100 student clubs, organizations, and activities—such as:
- ASLEmerson, an organization that promotes the use of American Sign Language and raises awareness about Deaf culture;
- em Magazine, a student-run fashion, arts, and culture publication;
- The EVVY Awards, the largest student-run, multi-camera live award show in the nation;
- Flawless Brown, the artistic collective focused on creating a supportive space where women of color can develop their art and gain technical and leadership experience in their fields—from performing and filmmaking to writing and marketing;
- WERS-FM, one of the nation’s highest-rated student-run radio stations that reaches a potential audience of 3 million people.
CONNECT WITH EXPERTS
From day one, you will build relationships that sustain you far beyond your time at Emerson. Our small classes ensure amazing access to your professors—Pulitzer Prize-winning writers, company presidents, successful entrepreneurs, Emmy-winning filmmakers, accomplished clinicians, and leaders in their industries—who are there to inspire and support you. They foster a collaborative energy that opens doors for you to work with faculty and classmates on projects that excite you.