Emerson is an intense community of passionate spirits. It’s a place where you can find your voice and where storytellers use every form of media to move audiences and open minds.
With a focus on communication and the arts through a liberal arts lens, our academic philosophy at Emerson stands apart from other colleges. Media arts, journalism, public relations, stage design, performance, marketing, communication sciences, poetry—no matter how you choose to express yourself, you can tell your story at Emerson.
TAKE UP SPACE
Our industry-leading facilities and equipment will help you realize your creative vision and hone your voice. They include:
- Tufte Performance and Production Center: Home to the thrust-style Semel Theater, the 108-seat Green Theater, the Bobbi Brown and Steven Plofker Design Technology and Makeup Suite, and a costume shop;
- Levy Marketing Suite: A state-of-the-art marketing research suite with a fully equipped control room, eye-tracking technology, and a two-way mirror for conducting focus groups and marketing studies;
- Robbins Speech, Language, and Hearing Center: Our on-campus training facility for students in the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department that provides clinical evaluation and treatment for people with communication challenges;
- Emerson Contemporary: Media Art Gallery: Home to the Emerson Contemporary program, showcasing exhibits that emphasize new media, film, video, and performance art;
- Journalism Production Center: Features two professional television studios with advanced control-room and lighting systems, Chroma key and infinity walls, and an all-digital newsroom tool suite;
- Engagement Lab: An applied research lab that integrates technology, art, and media to create data-driven tools and games and publish projects that inspire civic engagement.