Unparalleled Resources and Facilities
The Journalism Production Center at Emerson features classroom, production, and post-production facilities where you can acquire hands-on experience in end-to-end news production. These include:
Equipment Distribution Center, which holds more than two dozen professional HD JVC video cameras, more than 80 Nikon DSLRs, and more than 100 iPod touch kits.
JPC Control Room and Studio, which houses state-of-the-art production systems and equipment, including:
- Ross Overdrive Automated Production System, Ross Vision switcher, Ross Xpression graphics, Ross CamBot 520PT Robotic Pan/Tilt Head System;
- Access to Isilon, Emerson’s high-speed network media storage system;
- 3 Panasonic AW-HE870 HD cameras; and
- Access to a JVC 750 and Comrex Portable LiveShot unit, to practice live reporting and breaking news coverage.
- 20 iMacs with Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 capability;
- ENPS for script and newscast rundown creation;
- CNN Newssource, a news video wire service; and
- Adobe Creative Cloud and Final Cut Pro X.
Post-production Editing Suites
- An iMac, with all the software applications found in the newsroom; and
- ElectroVoice microphones and headphones for recording voice tracks.
Podcasting Studios in two of the editing suites, with two microphones, a Mackie audio board, and a Gentner phone hybrid system for phone interviews.
CreativityKit is an innovative curriculum resource for all incoming Journalism students, providing the software tools that will prepare you for your career. This kit includes: Nikon 5600 DSLR camera, wired lapel mic for interviews, wireless lapel mic for interviews, two batteries, battery charger, and XLR cable to hook the lapel mic to the camera and tripod. With CreativityKit, you will be able to capture news and tell compelling stories in an immersive and innovative way.
Emerson students are known for their high-quality work and are sought after by news organizations, from the Boston Globe to network news affiliates. Alumni, faculty, and the Career Development Center will help you find an internship to suit your professional goals.
Recent internships and employers include:
- ABC News
- The Arizona Republic
- Associated Press
- The Boston Globe
- The Boston Phoenix
- Boston University, Marketing and Communications
- The Cambridge Chronicle
- The Christian Science Monitor
- Continental Cablevision, Inc.
- Dateline NBC
- The Eagle-Tribune Inc.
- The Jewish Advocate
- The Lowell Sun
- New England Cable News (NECN)
- The Patriot Ledger
- South End News
- The Wall Street Journal
- WBUR radio
- WBZ radio
Learn more at emerson.edu/admissions-aid/graduate-admission
Emerson College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.
Office of Communications and Marketing © 2021 Emerson College